Mexican Style Chile and Lime Peanuts
2 cups of raw peanuts (with skins)
1-2 Chilies (or more to your taste)
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
handful of fresh mint chopped
- In a large skillet toast peanuts and Chile over a med-high heat, tossing continually so not to burn. 5-8 min.
- Turn the flame on low and add olive oil and salt. Toss nuts around until evenly coated in oil and salt.
- Turn off flame and remove Chilies. Squeeze lime juice over nuts and stir as the juice evaporates, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Chop roasted Chilies until very fine.
- Place peanuts in a decorative bowl and mix in mint and Chilies.