Friday, April 11, 2008

Never Say Goodbye...

It's not easy, and it's never the right time, to tell a loved one - one that you have housed with for many many a year - that it is time to move on. Today I signed the lease on a new apartment and as I stood in my brand new beautiful open kitchen - unfortunately not the one with the sunken in wine fridge - I felt a momentary pang of guilt.

In the next week I would be packing up my old kitchen, stripping her of all her cookware, utensils, and glorious appliances before leaving her high and dry. Who knows how she will be treated by future tenants. Will she be neglected, or will she be loved as she was by me, its hard to say. All I know is that, as I push forward to newer and snazzier kitchens, I will never forget the time I spent in my modest little kitchen on Franklin, from which I have fed countless friends, family and acquaintances. It was in this kitchen that I began my chocolate merrymaking, that I suffered an indescribable obsession with cup cakes, and blissfully conducted forays in ice cream making and for that dear kitchen, you deserve a proper farewell...

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Kudos on your amazing apartment, truly a jewel. I can only shiver with delight at the thought of what you will create in that gem.

McCall said...

Maddy! Dying to know where you and all of your culinary brilliance are moving....?? And with whom? Miss you darling