Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to me!

Last night, after a slow drawn-out night at work, I did the books, indulged in a cab ride home to find a bottle of Gewurztraminer and a mini Brooklyn Blackout Cake from my favorite Bakery, Lady Bird (formerly known as Two Little Red Hens). Today I will start my day off with a bit of cake then rush to a wine tasting with my boss, followed by champagne and oysters at Pearl Oyster Bar with a dear friend and a colleague, two people I don't see nearly enough of.
It is gray and raining outside and accu-weather has predicted Thunder storms all day long, but as I sit here, chipping away at my chocolate cake, I have nothing but sunshine in my heart - as cheesy as it may sound.

4 comments:

Vivian said...

Happy Birthday Little Peasant, that cake sure looks good. Enjoy!!!

Vivian said...

Happy Birthday Little Peasant, that cake sure looks good. Enjoy!!!

Horvendile said...

Happy 29th, Madelita!!!

Madeline said...

I'm getting confused. How old am I again, 23, 32, 29, 18 or 47?