Friday, January 16, 2009

A Chance Meeting

It was like one of those scenes in a movie where all the actions of one or of many all add up to an unavoidable brush with fate; sometimes a chance meeting with a future love, or an unlucky encounter with tragic outcome. Only destiny decides whether it is the former or the latter. Lucky for these two,














it was a glorious communion, the coming together of two magnificent parts that resulted in one heavenly experience.
The way the world works, it seemed unlikely that the two would ever be in the same place at the same time and, had I woken up on time it may never of happened. Had I woken up on time, I would have bought everything I had intended to at the food coop, and I would have never ended up in the express aisle. The very aisle that houses all the various chocolate bars. Had I woken up on time, I would have had time to take my groceries home before going to work, and I would have never found myself at the wine shop opening a bar of chocolate at the very same time that my boss was opening a bottle of wine.
Well I didn't wake up on time, and thank God I didn't because BAM! Who knew that an unassuming salt speckled 65% milk chocolate bar from Brooklyn, and and unmistakably French Malbec from the Loire Valley would hit it off so well. The floral aromas of the wine mingled with the rich cocoa perfume, arousing the taste buds in the process. The richness of the dark milk chocolate was a wonderful accompaniment to the earthiness this region is known to produce. And the salt? Lets just say, the salt sealed the deal. These two were so meant for each other that I may not set my alarm clock ever again.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Reason number 582 to finally join the food co-op.

Madeline said...

You still haven't joined? Am I gonna have to walk you guys down there?
:)

Kristina Strain said...

Chocolate and wine are such a good combination. Have you tried Lindt's chili-chocolate bar with Marques de Caceres Rioja? It's to die for!

Anonymous said...

I am all for any sort of salt-speckled chocolate. Especially one that comes in pretty fleur-de-lis paper!